Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Post That Started It All

[For continuity's sake, I'm going to begin reposting my original Facebook OMW postings here, in chronological order. This was my first post. I recall I wrote it within minutes of reading the initial Bardfield filings, when I was still in a state of absolute shock after learning Mr. Bardfield and Mr. Carver's incredibly sad tale]:

You wrote on June 2, 2009 at 11:21pm: I'm looking at the TRO now (I just downloaded it off PACER) and I have to agree with Tony, this is VERY serious.

There are a lot of revelations contained in this TRO, probably the most interesting to the readers of this forum is the real reason for the banishment from Disney: Chisholm told the plaintiffs in this TRO, "...this was the first year Disney required full payment before the event and that historically they allowed the last deposit to be paid immediately after the event."

Unfortunately, the TRO does not specify Disney wanted all money up front this year, but given his past history of bounced checks and late payments to Disney (and others)...I'm sure it is not difficult for us to infer why.

I must say, this new lawsuit is quite illuminating...the plaitiffs' got hit up for a $200,000 loan to pay the full up front Disney was supposedly demanding...they made the loan, specifying it would be paid only to Disney...then Chisholm screwed them by not paying Disney. Extraordinary.

There looks like a lot more here too...including some fascinating Exhibits... I take it you've read Exhibit C, Tony? :o) Anyways, as soon as I'm done absorbing all this, I'll post some screencaps of the more interesting parts to the photo section here. I must say, pretty amazing stuff.

BTW, if this TRO is granted, what will probably happen is that law enforcement will be stationed at the door to all the parties, collecting and sequestering all funds as they come in. For DJs who have not been paid in full yet, needless to say this will be very distressing for them.

And in case anyone here is wondering...yes, I'm an attorney.
[The Bardfield complaint (with Exhibits) can be viewed in it's entirety here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment